Colombian prostitute thought Obama bodyguards were 'fools'

 

A US Congressman is demanding that government investigators interview the prostitute at the centre of the Secret Service's Colombia sex scandal after she described the bodyguards as 'fools'.

New York Republican Peter King, chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security, acted after Dania Londono Suarez appeared on television to reveal her side of the story.

She said that it would have been easy for her to steal any of the documents or plans that President Barack Obama's bodyguards had with them in a hotel room on a presidential trip to Cartagena, Columbia, last month.

Miss Suarez said: "They were a bunch of fools. They are responsible for Obama's security and they still let this happen.

"I could have done a thousand other things. If I had wanted to, I could have gone through all his documents, his wallet, his suitcase."

Miss Suarez told Caracol News in Cartegena that she called the police after the Secret Service agent with whom she spent the night refused to pay her the $800 (£500) he had promised.

"Let's go, bitch – I'm not going to pay you," she said that he told her before throwing her out of the room in the early morning.

A Secret Service investigation into "misconduct" has resulted in nine of the 12 agents that made up the president's advance security team to Cartegena losing their jobs. But Miss Suarez said that although she was at the heart of the scandal, she had not been interviewed by US investigators.

A visibly angry Congressman King said this weekend: "I have asked the Secret Service for an explanation of how they have failed to find this woman when the news media seems to have no trouble doing so."

Mr King said it was important that she was interviewed to ensure that the president's security was not compromised. A Secret Service source told The Sunday Telegraph that "no stone will be left unturned" and that Mr King's demands were being taken very seriously.

Miss Suarez said in her interview that she and some girlfriends had met a group of American men in a bar on April 11 and drank two bottles of vodka with them. She had no idea that they worked for the Secret Service when one of them asked her to return with him to his hotel room.

Miss Suarez agreed to go after the agent promised to give her a "little gift" of $800-dollars. But next morning he threw her out without paying and when she knocked on the hotel room door of another agent he refused to help her.

Miss Suarez said: "I said in Spanish, 'Look, if you show no consideration for me, why would I have consideration toward you and not call the police? In that moment, I felt strong'."

Prostitution is legal in Colombia and Miss Suarez said she had every right to be paid for her services. She said: "I told him, there's a problem here. Because if I had come with you to enjoy myself that would have been one thing. But I didn't come to enjoy myself. I had to beg from 6.30 am to 10.00 am for him to pay me."

At first the agent offered her about $27 to pay for a taxi home and eventually after she returned to the hotel room with a police officer he gave her $250-dollars (£155)

4 comments:
Write comments